Meiji Kickboxing COVID-19 Policy
Your health and wellbeing are our top priority.
Providing a clean and safe environment has always been a crucial part of our routine, long before COVID-19. But now we’ve gone further in our dojos, implementing a number of measures over and above our standard best practices.
We are very excited to welcome you into our dojo, and to provide top levels of reassurance to our valued students, parents, guardians and visitors. So following the guidelines from Public Health England, here are some of the hygiene, health and safety improvements we have adopted.
At the Meiji Kickboxing St. John's Wood dojo we use state of the art air conditioning, air extract and fresh air supply equipment to keep you safe and your body temperature under control.
- To avoid ‘cluster clashes’, we have allowed a 15-minute gap between classes.
- We will do a thorough deep clean of the dojo and sanitise our equipment after every class.
- Hand sanitisers will be fully accessible in the dojo, changing rooms and toilets.
- There will be no physical contact in classes between or among instructors and students.
- Booking App will be in place to reserve your class.
- We will be following current social distancing guidelines at all times.
- The Meiji team will check and record instructors’ temperatures daily.
We would ask all students, parents and guardians to use contactless payment wherever possible.
It is our policy to maintain safe spaces, and we ask you to support us by ensuring minimum distances at all times when you are in the dojo.
For all our trial students, we will provide fully sanitised, clean boots and gloves on your first day training with us. For all our current students, we advise you to use your own equipment when you’re in training, and please avoid lending your pads to other students.
When you join the Meiji Kickboxing family, you will have to purchase our equipment package as part of your uniform and to cover insurance.
We recommend you arrive in your uniform ready for your class. We have slightly modified our classes to take account of the current situation, and will be focusing on fundamental and curriculum techniques, bag work, stretching and exercises. What we haven’t changed is the positive vibe in the dojo and the commitment to fun during the class – Meiji instructors will always provide you the class you deserve!
We thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you soon!